WANT TO EXPAND YOUR TEAM ENGAGEMENT?
Gallup recently sent out their 2023 State of the Global Workplace report showing worldwide engagement at 23% last year. While this increased slightly from last year, this is still a sad situation. It means that 77% are not fully engaged. Globally over half of the workforce expressed a desire to leave their current job.
For your benefit, we summarized the Canadian/U.S. Statistics from their report (Note: the numbers in brackets are the global % for comparison purposes):
- Best practice companies show (72%) engagement compared to global at (23%).
- 31% (23%) are engaged and feel they are 31% (23%) thriving.
- 52% (59%) Quiet Quitting and 17% (18%) Loudly Quitting.
- 52% (44%) noted daily stress with women and management rating highest levels.
- 18% (21%) feel a lot of anger regardless of gender or job position.
- Stress was noted from 29% being onsite, 32% fully remote and hybrid 34%.
The changes mentioned which could improve the work environment include:
- Allowing employees to talk more openly with their managers.
- Allow more autonomy to stimulate creativity.
- Provide clearer goals and stronger guidance.
- Have a place to relax at work and longer breaks so employees do not rush to eat.
- Have a clear growth path for promotion.
- Recognize people for their contribution and show more respect.
- Have a hybrid work environment when possible.
- Allow more learning opportunities (extremely important in repetitive environments).
What does all this mean?
- It appears employees fair better with a combination of team interaction and independent work situations. Hence why hybrid may work well.
- 70% of team engagement is attributable to the manager of the area.
- Employees may not be taking ownership for their work. If they are coached the right way, they will be more inspired and motivated.
- Gallup proved that through coaching and training, you can achieve 8-10% higher engagement and lower turnover.
If you would like to benefit from customized Leadership Courses, Productivity Training, Individual or Group Coaching, reach out to us at Corpex. We would be honoured to help!